The 2019 Scholarship Application is Now Closed.
What do I need to apply?
- Complete the Online Application
- An essay, not to exceed 500 words, and two short answer questions.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, employer, youth leader, etc.
- Letters must be on letterhead and signed by the writer.
- Letters of recommendation are due on April 1st (submitted OR postmarked no later than April 1)
- Official proof of Irvine residency (Drivers License or California ID). Must reside in Irvine, CA.
How to apply?
Complete the Online Application and submit your supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation (letters of recommendation and proof of residency) can be sent to:
Friends of the Heritage Park Library
14361 Yale Avenue
Irvine, CA 92604
Who is eligible?
Applicants must reside in Irvine, CA, be nearing completion of their senior year of high school and be planning on attending a college or university in the following academic year.
How are applications evaluated?
A committee of members from the FOL Board evaluate the completed applications, essays and supporting materials and select up to five candidates.